Are you a dynamic and innovative business growth professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and an interest in start-ups and the creative industries? Comhoibriú CLG (t/a CREW) are looking for an Innovation & Market Development Executive to work with our executive team, board, and members; to ensure the development of regional, national, and international markets to accelerate the innovation and growth of enterprises in the creative digital sector in the West of Ireland.
About CREW (Comhoibriú CLG)
CREW is a collaborative initiative involving Atlantic Technological University (ATU), the Western Development Commission (WDC) and Ardán (GFC). CREW supports enterprises based in the western region in areas such as design, film and TV production, animation, gaming, content development and AR/VR from its base at ATU Galway City Campus, Wellpark Road.
CREW aims to develop an ecosystem and a suite of business and technical support services in the West for the Digital Creative sector. By bringing together a diverse range of skills, knowledge and resources, CREW will enable real collaboration to take place and accelerate the growth of the sector along the western seaboard.
Job Title: Innovation & Market Development Executive
Reports to: CEO
Key Responsibilities: Development and delivery of activities, events, partnerships, and collaborations to support innovation, eco-system development and enterprise growth for startups and SMEs in the Creative Technology sector.
Key working relationships: CEO, Programme & Community Manager, start-up businesses in the creative digital sector (along the Atlantic Innovation Corridor), programme partners including, ATU, Enterprise Ireland, Skillsnet, West Regional Skills, the Western Development Commission, Ardán, TG4, Local Enterprise Office, Údarás Na Gaeltachta and corporate partners.
About the Role
CREW is recruiting an entrepreneurially minded individual for the role of Innovation & Market Development Executive. If you are interested in the dynamic space of startups and have experience in communications, business development, client management and events and want to work in an innovative, fast paced, startup environment, this is the opportunity for you.
The Innovation & Market Development Executive will develop and deliver activities, events, and collaborations that will strategically support the growth of commercial creative enterprises and support eco-system development and enterprise growth for entrepreneurs and businesses in the creative industries sector (CreaTech) across the western seaboard.
Working closely with the CEO, the Programme & Community Manager, and the Comhoibriú Board, the Innovation & Market Development Executive will be responsible for developing a range of projects and activities to support an increased rate of start-up businesses and to accelerate the growth of existing businesses to advance the progress of creative digital entrepreneurs and enterprise within our region.
The Innovation & Market Development Executive will play a key role in developing a network of practice along the Atlantic region building relationships with the Creative Industries community as well as policy makers, government, and other enterprise support providers. Additionally, the Innovation & Market Development Executive will develop new, and build upon existing, international partnerships to support the internationalisation of Ireland’s CreaTech sector.
- Develop and deliver initiatives for members of the creative digital start-up ecosystem across the West, Northwest & Southwest of Ireland
- Onboarding and supporting CREW members. Be their voice, promote, connect, and advocate.
- Provide signposting and mentoring for companies in the creative digital sector located throughout the region with a focus on developing international export markets.
- Accelerate introductions – adding value to members through relevant introductions.
- Develop bespoke initiatives for partners and the wider creative digital technology community in the region.
- Orchestrate a collaborative partnership between CREW and strategic regional, national, and international partners.
- Work closely with members of the CREW team to deliver on strategy and KPIs.
- Project Applications, Proposals, Grant Management, preparation of and monitoring of budgets.
- Stakeholder management, alumni engagement and growing the CREW network.
- Help build an engaged national and international community of thought leaders, domain experts and industry innovators to support CREW initiatives.
- Assist the executive team with the acquisition and onboarding of new partners including corporate clients.
- Coordinate and manage events, projects and initiatives that foster a culture of innovation.
- Support the team in running the CREW Enterprise & Innovation Hub operation on a day-to-day basis, always looking for continuous improvement.
- Proactively engage with the CREW community including academia, industry, investors, and the public sector to understand their needs and offerings in relation to the creative digital tech innovation and start-up ecosystem.
- Contribute to other activities to support the efficient and effective delivery of initiatives to support the regional start-up ecosystem.
- Public speaking, representing CREW at conferences and events.
- Desk research, reporting and continuous engagement with international best practice.
- Social Media support to increase the visibility and reach of CREW.
- You think outside the box, are highly self-motivated, solution focused and are passionate about innovation and startups.
- Embedded and well-networked you have a strong working knowledge of the Creative Industries and start-up world.
- Passionate about the potential for platforms to enable entrepreneurship, and excited about playing a role in accelerating the creative entrepreneurship start-up ecosystem.
- A strong team player, you excel in leveraging the skills and resources of multiple team members to deliver activities on time and to a high standard, embracing teamwork, and fostering a collaborative and positive environment.
- You are agile and thrive on working in a challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, are dependable and consistent, and strong in planning, priority setting and execution. You are a team player: flexible around job responsibilities and willing to jump in and help where needed.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences. You are skilled at translating complex ideas and concepts into high quality decks and presentations.
- You are a great organiser with a strong ability to multitask to meet deadlines. You know how to manage projects effectively and engage people to meet milestones.
- You have a strong presence and the ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador.
- With a constant curiosity and a desire to learn new things, you are prepared to highlight when you need help. Independently driven, you are always looking to improve your productivity by learning new tools and methods.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to synthesise research and ideas into meaningful and powerful presentations and possess dynamic problem-solving skills.
- With experience in event management and coordination, you have a persuasive presence and can adjust your communication style depending on the audience and context. You are comfortable speaking in front of people.
- Excellent attention to detail, keeping the big picture in sight. You are able and willing to work on a variety of tasks. You understand the commercial reality of business and can shape offerings and strategies that fit with given constraints.
- Ability to use modern technology platforms, and learn quickly (Office 365, Trello, Slack, Google Docs/Slides, XERO, Office R&D, Mailchimp, etc.)
- The ability to speak Irish or have an interest in the Irish Language would be an advantage.
Salary commensurate on experience.
Three-year fixed-term contract.
Comhoibriú is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and mindsets because we know the strength of our team lies in its diversity.